Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, December 27, 2013

WOOOOOOO!!!!!!

That's all I can title this post because that's exactly how I have felt yesterday and today!!!

Here's why:

*Christmas day Steve and I, while changing a diaper, found that Hudson's nodules (the little bumps I found that lead to his diagnosis and have since popped up all over his body) have either disappeared completely or shrank a great deal!

*Today at his checkup with Dr. Dole, it was confirmed. The chemo is working quickly!

*The preliminary report on the genetic testing came back favorable!! It's the GOOD type! Especially on the scariest test, it came back negative! THANK YOU, LORD!!!!

*His blood test today to check his counts came back so good he doesn't have to come back in next week!

*Our next test is a body scan. We will infuse an isotope that is made especially for Neuroblastoma that will grab on to any tumors and "light them up." We will use this as a double check to make sure everything is where we think it is and to take another look at the tumor. I'm excited to see how the tumor has gotten smaller already!

Our immediate schedule (which can change) looks like this:
Jan. 7-Isotope
Jan. 8-Body scan (and Mommy turns 31!)
Jan. 9-Chemotherapy session 2 (6 hours)

Sunday, December 22. First Neupogen treatment to rebuild bone marrow. Steve and I now administer this drug at home on a pump until the 29th. We will have to do this after each chemo session. There are lots of steps including priming it, getting four syringes ready, attaching tubing to the Neupogen and to his male adaptor of one of his lumens, and heparinizing both lumens in the end. It felt so overwhelming to be in charge of something when I am not a nurse, but we did it. Thankful for my husband who can remember things so much better than me!
 Steve's friend, Mike made these bands for us to give out. Our hearts are so thankful for such a loving gesture and wonderful person in our life! We chose "Hope and Future" from our favorite verse that has served our family so well over the years. Jeremiah 29:11. We chose the tire tread on the band to symbolize that this is a bump in the road on our path to a sweet life together.
 While we were doing some last minute gift wrapping, I came across this in a book we got for the boys! I agree!
 Going into the hospital today we had to use a mask. He is definitely not a fan of this mask. Once we get back to our infusion room we take it off! I've taken to calling him "Blanket" which makes Steve just shake his head and laugh. :) 
 Our little Santa baby :) 

Cohen said we needed to leave big cookies because Santa was big. We also put some carrots out back for the reindeer. :) 




I saw this on Pinterest and thought it was a fun idea for sharing the real reason for Christmas. Just like we make cookies for Santa, we made a birthday cake, candles and all, for Jesus. Cohen was definitely a fan! Funfetti and whipped chocolate icing! MMMM! 
 I forgot to add this one in my last post. This is the necklace the hospital gave us with a bead for each of Hudson's experiences (hospital stays, scans, going home, etc.) They are called "Emily's Beads of Courage," and show Hudson's journey. This was put together just one week and three days after his diagnosis. So much he's been through already and all in the light of getting better!


 We have a thumb-sucker. It's so sweet. Mommy's handsome baby boy...looking like his daddy.  :)

I have loved writing this post! Good news is so fun to share! Please keep praying for sweet Baby Hudson. This is great news, but we've still got a bit of a road in front of us! Love you all!

Jeremiah 29:12 


Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.

3 comments:

  1. Wooohooo! Is exactly right! What wonderful news for all of you!!! Your faith is truly an inspiration to me!!! I tell everyone in my family and my church family about Hudson!! We are all praying for your whole family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I do not personally know you or your family, I am overwhelmed with happiness for your family and the amazing news for your sweet boy!
    Also, as I kept reading I thought it was so neat that they gave you that necklace. The "Emily" in the beads of courage was a childhood friend of mine who passed away from cancer when we were 12 years old. Her parents started the beads as a way to encourage other parents. So neat to see that 17 years later, it's still going strong :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beyond words, Andrea! Thanking Jesus for the healing that is already happening in little Hudson's body! You know that our family will continue to uphold him in prayer as you face this "bump" in the road! God is good...all the time!

    ReplyDelete