Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

I Fall on You

This could be it. 

We could get these masses out of our baby and he could be cancer free.

Lord, please let this be it. 

Tomorrow at 9 a.m. Hudson will be cut open across his abdomen with a chevron cut. They will remove the adrenal glands with the masses. The world's best nurses will care for him as he recovers. We will meet with an endocrinologist to set up hormone replacement therapy for the rest of his life. We should be home by the weekend.

...but those are just details.

Little details that get us from point A to B. Like the list downstairs waiting for me to shift gears from Mommy rocking my boys to bed to Mommy packing for the first day of the rest of our life.

What really matters--what I want to lay on your hearts right now--is this prayer:

Heavenly Father, 

Please let this be it for Hudson. Lord, please give his doctors eyes to see it all, skill to keep him safe, and watch over him in surgery. God, we pray Hudson will emerge stronger and healthier than ever. That he will heal quickly and with minimal pain. That cancer will no longer touch this baby's body. 

We pray this in Your Son's Holy Name, 

AMEN.


Isaiah 41:10

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand

1 comment: