Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Daddy's Day 2013



How does one family become so blessed? 

Nine and a half years ago, I met the daddy to our five babies. Well...let's go back a bit further. Technically, we first saw each other in a class we had at Miami in 2001, and from there it took us another three years to really find each other. Thank goodness we did, because he has become the best husband and daddy. Beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. 

I love how he looks at Cohen, and how Cohen looks at him. 
I love how he rubs my pregnant belly and it immediately relaxes me. 
I love how he loves us, day and night, making sacrifices that require his time away from us, though he never lets us feel it. 
I love how he works so hard to make us happy. 
I love how he makes us laugh until our bellies ache. 
I love how he does the little things to make sure we're taken care of,  or can have a better day.
I love how, no matter what, he puts us first. Not when it's convenient. Not when it's demanded. ALWAYS. 

Who knew twelve years ago, the skinny baseball guy sitting in the back of the class would be the man sitting next to me raising our babies and living this beautiful life? 

Happy Daddy's Day, Stephen. You are my greatest gift. Because of you I know all the kinds of love in the world...more than I had ever dreamed possible. I can't imagine anyone else to share those midnight feedings, to catch my eye when Cohen does something new or hilarious, to share this life with, than you. 




No comments:

Post a Comment