Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hudson Update

Today went to Children's to meet with Dr. Dole. Some good news. Some not-what-we-expected news. Some things still unknown.

What we know for sure:

-It is a Neuroblastoma that has affected his left and right adrenal glands, liver, and lung

-The fact that there are nodules in his lung changes the staging from 4S to 4. 

-4 is a more serious condition than 4S. Because of this, Hudson moves from low risk to intermediate.

-The treatment plan is starting tomorrow. We will have a six hour session tomorrow (fluids are required to keep him well-hydrated for the drug he receives), a two hour session Friday, and a two hour session Saturday. We will then wait 18 days until the next treatment. We will do this four times.

-We will be admitted back into Dayton Children's tomorrow and Friday nights and leave after his treatment Saturday. This is to monitor his first treatment session and make sure Steve and I feel comfortable with what Chemotherapy will be like for our little boy.

-Steve and Cohen will come to visit when they can around Steve's work schedule. We are so blessed by his company, ADP and especially his bosses, David and Bill, who have been so thoughtful with checking up on us and making this work for our family. The Lord has blessed us with these two caring men and a kind group of co-workers like none other. The same for my work. I was told today that they are supporting me at the junior high and wanting to make this as easy as possible to be with Hudson when I need to be. We are beyond grateful for the understanding and kindness in one of the toughest times in our life.

-Speaking of support, we are overwhelmed by how many people have shared and read our blog and are praying for our baby. We are so thankful and praise God for each of your loving hearts as you go to the Lord on our family's behalf. Thank you all. You are such a gift to us.

-We are still waiting on genetic testing to be done on the nodule biopsy from last Friday. If all three genetic tests come back with bad reports, we will have to bump up  his level of chemo.

-We are planning on one cycle of chemo (the four times I mentioned above), but if the ultrasound shows he did not respond to the first cycle, we will do it again for another 12 weeks.

-The possible side effects are as follows: nausea/vomiting, hair loss about three weeks in, low blood counts that will have to be fixed with transfusions, liver problems, kidney problems, possible second mass later in life. Not that he will experience any of these, but they are possibilities. 

PRAYER REQUESTS:
*The genetic testing comes back with all GOOD characteristics so we can continue the path we are on.
*That Hudson handles chemo well and we are able to go home Saturday, as planned.
*That the LORD continues to heal our precious Hudson Xavier.

PRAYERS ANSWERED/PRAISES:

*NO CANCER IN HIS BONES! THANK YOU, LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*WE BOTH LISTENED TO THE PLAN WITHOUT BREAKING DOWN AND FEEL REALLY GOOD ABOUT THE PATH WE ARE ON FOR HUDSON!

*WHEN ASKED AGAIN IF HUDSON WILL LIVE, WE WERE TOLD YES!!!! THANK YOU, GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

*OUR WONDERFUL FAMILY GAVE HUDSON HIS FIRST CHRISTMAS LAST  NIGHT SO WE CAN AVOID A TON OF CONTACT WHILE HE IS UNDERGOING CHEMOTHERAPY TREATMENT.
Daddy and Hudson at Hudson's first Christmas last night

 The picture Jeff  "just had to take" because of Hudson's face. Love that scrunchy, sleepy baby look. :)
This morning after we got home from our consultation with Dr. Dole. He was all smiles and giggles. Also, last night at Christmas, we got the biggest belly laughs out of him! He has such a fun personality already!

Today we cling to this scripture, and remember this is not about what we think we know. This is about what God plans to prosper us and give us hope and a future. This is about what He has called us to do, of which we have no choice. What our Father commands, we will do!

Joshua 1:9

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

6 comments:

  1. Andrea and Steve......thinking of you both and your family as you go through this challenging time! Everyone, including little Hudson will be in my thoughts and prayers daily. Be strong and keep the faith that He will answer your prayers. Love you both!! Toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is how I started praying for your son. I picture the Trinity around him. I picture the Holy Spirit, his comforter; Jesus, his Savior; and God the Author all surrounding him. They are working in unison to heal him and I picture them removing the cancer from his body (like it is being sucked out of him to the air and vaporizing away). Every time he pops into my mind I say a prayer and picture this scenario. I will do it everyday and every time I think of him until I hear he is healed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lifting you all up in prayer, especially Hudson. Continue clinging to the Lord, He is always with you. Love & hugs to your family. Nothing is impossible with God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend shared your blog on FB with the posting to pray for a baby and family, and I clicked to see what was being specifically asked for...I don't always follow through those kind of postings, but something told me to. Tears filled my eyes as I read through your posting (I also have two little boys - 3 1/2 yrs and 11 mo) and cannot imagine what you are going through. Then, I think my heart skipped a beat as I realized, I KNOW your husband...this is not some random family I saw on FB. I went to MUM and had a class or two with Steve - it seems like it's been so many ages ago. I will definitely be praying for your baby and strength for you two as parents, as you go through all of this and will ask others to as well! ~Amber Weaver (formerly Marker)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea. I am keeping your family in my prayers. I wanted to let you know my sister had neuroblastoma as a baby so if you would like to talk to her or my mom about it just let me know. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello,

    my name is Angela. I was told about your son from a local fellow cancer mom. Just wanted to introduce myself. My daughter is a stage IV neuroblastoma survivor. She was diagnosed at the age of 5 and is now 14! Hope this offers some hope to you and your family! Please feel free to contact me if you want to talk to someone that's been there. I will be keeping your son in my prayers! arbd10@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete