Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Speechless


Sometimes I struggle with what to say to someone who is going through a tough time, especially when it's something I've never handled myself.

When I have no advice or words of wisdom. When I know in my heart I'm meant for more than the usual, "I'll be praying for you."

I heard this on the radio the other day, and it both spoke directly to my heart as well as challenged me big time:

"Being present and being gentle. That's how Jesus helped."

I think the hardest is the "being present" part.

Showing up for a situation when you don't know how you'll be received is tough, but being a follower of Jesus is definitely not the easy way out.

Like one of my very favorite songs right now says, "It takes a soldier who knows his orders to walk the walk I'm supposed to walk," and those orders are not to shy away, but to lend your heart and a helping hand.

Lord, help me be more like you in this way.

In Jesus's name I pray, AMEN!


1 Peter 2:21 

For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment